Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mylo Xyloto Cover Art Inspired Nails (Coldplay)

Hello again!

Today I wanted to show you my Coldplay inspired nails, in honour of their concert, which I’m going to, tomorrow night! I went to last night! (It was sooooo awesome!!!)

First, though, in case you aren’t familiar with Coldplay, and haven’t seen the gorgeous cover art for their most recent album, here it is:

Cover art taken from this page.

I’m not nearly a good enough artist to try to do colourful graffiti on my nails, but I thought a great way to get the feel of this art would be splatter art! (It also gave me a great reason to finally try out this technique) First, I started out with my usual base of Nail Envy, and then two coats of Sephora by OPI’s A-ha Moment, which is just a simple white:

100_0887

Next, I painted on a thin coat of Sephora by OPI’s Spark-tacular Topcoat:

100_0888

Then, I used my very classy plastic straw to layer splatters of Fascino in 26 (the blue), OPI in Did it on ‘Em, and Julep in Cameron:

100_0891

100_0892

Finally, I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite, and, of course, cleaned up the mess I made of my fingers and cuticles. Here’s the completed look:

100_0898

100_0896

I was going to post you all a picture of the top of the Glymm box outer box that I used to catch the splatter that didn’t hit my nail, since it looks like a rainbow exploded on it, but I noticed that I did it on the side with my address, so I kinda can’t show you without letting you all know where I live =( …

The splattering technique is a little difficult (and very messy) until you figure out how far away and how hard to blow into the straw, and I found it practically impossible to aim the polish in any direction. In fact, I had a few attempts that didn’t even hit my nail! But I really like the outcome, and it’s pretty fun to do!

What do you think? Leave me your comments!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...