So I was recently nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Blushing Antics (sorry, I don’t know your name!). I love tags, so obviously I was going to fill out this one!
1. Reveal 11 things/random facts about myself
2. Answer 11 questions that the person who nominated me has set
3. Create 11 new questions for my nominees
4. Tag 11 people with less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated - no tag backs allowed.
11 Random Facts:
1. I only watch TV when I'm at the gym, but I do download and watch a lot of tv shows. I'm currently working my way through every FRIENDS episode in order, and in the middle of Game of Thrones and Sherlock. Waiting for Doctor Who to return. =)
2. I got Rowling's Casual Vacancy out of the library on the 4th, and I only have it out until the 18th... With all the school work I have to do between now and then, I'll be lucky to get halfway through that 500 page book!
3. I'm super excited for the Hobbit movie(s)
4. I'm also excited for the final instalment of the Twilight movies, as much as I'm likely to get hate about that! I loved the books and will finish the movies too, dammit, even if they don't compare!
5. Speaking about stuff I'm excited for, I'm looking forward to the opening of the new library building near me. It looks so awesome inside already.
6. In case you haven't got this already, I'm a nerd.
7. I love high-heels. I hate wearing them.
8. I really, really want a skull scarf, like the McQueen one, but probably cheaper...!
9. I am a massive procrastinator
10. Tea is delicious
11. I love scarves
My Answers to Blushing Antics's Questions:
1. What is the number one place you want to travel to?
England, hands down!
2. What is your Hogwarts house? (I had to ask)
Ravenclaw, though Pottermore disagrees.
3. What nail polish are you wearing right now/did you wear last?
4. What is your number one beauty secret?
I'm not sure I have any beauty secrets that everyone doesn't do already.
5. What is more important to you: skincare or makeup?
Makeup! So much more fun.
6. What is the number one product that you want that you can't get where you live?
Not sure this counts, but some of the awesome indie polish brands either don't ship to Canada, or else charge huge amounts to do so... Also, ELF products are impossible to find in store here, and ELF's site charges an extra 8 bucks to ship to Canada.
7. What is your favourite food that other people might consider to be odd?
Uhhmm.... I'm not sure. I like tuna in white macaroni and cheese. Is that weird? Or KD with hotdogs and ketchup added... Potato chips and hummus? I'm not sure any of these really count as weird. I'm not really a weird-food person.
8. What is your dream job?
I'm not sure, long-term, ultimate dream job... That'd be nice if I knew. For a part-time job, I'd like to work at Sephora...
9. Is there something you dislike about blogging?
When I don't have time to write posts. I also like getting comments, so I guess when posts go without any reaction, that would be a dislike as well. As much as I blog for myself because I like it, I also blog for others to read.
10. What product has surprised you the most? It can be good or bad.
Probably Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara. I hated it with a passion. I know lots of people love it, but that mascara and I just didn't get along, and that was the reason I switched back to drugstore mascaras after UD got rid of the old Waterproof Big Fatty. If a mascara is going to disappoint me that much again, I won't be spending almost $30 on it!
11. What is your favourite season and why?
Fall! Because it's cold, but not freezing, not hot and sweaty like summer. My makeup stays on all day, I get to wear jackets and boots and sweaters and scarves, and I don't have to shave or epilate my legs constantly! =P
1. Who is your favourite beauty blogger and favourite beauty vlogger? (You can only have one of each!)
2. What is your current favourite lip colour or lip product?
3. Do you identify with any nerdy fandoms? And if so which ones?
4. What do you most want to get for Christmas?
5. Do you like to read? And if so, what is the last thing you read? What do you want to read next?
6. Who is your favourite singer or band?
7. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
8. In a hypothetical, and awesome contest, you just won a $1000 gift card to any cosmetics store (or a drugstore, but it can only be used for cosmetics), where would you choose to get a card to?
9. Shoes or bags/purses?
10. What are your thoughts on Twilight?
11. Do you actually enjoy the scent of nail polish?
11 Blogs I've Nominated:
1. Chelsey http://industrialdimestoremagic.blogspot.ca/
2. Brittany http://starlessfashion.blogspot.ca/
3. Louise http://gretalrabbit.blogspot.ca/
4. Gen http://onyxandmick.blogspot.ca/
I only have four that I follow closely that have less than 200 followers! All my blogs seem to be doing really well... somewhere in the 300-500 range!
If you want to do this as well, just let me know in the comments and leave me a link to your blog! Thanks for reading!