Wednesday, January 18, 2017

REVIEW || RaspberryMint Lip Care Products || New Canadian Brand Review + Discount Code

Hey Guys! Today's post is going to be a quick little review of two Canadian-made lip care products from new Canadian brand: RaspberryMint! I was lucky enough to be sent a couple of products to test out and review, but as always, all opinions expressed in this blog post are my own and completely honest. And as a heads up, if the brand or anything I mention in this post interests you, RaspberryMint was nice enough to give me a 50% off code to give you, so you'll want to make it to the bottom of this post.

title image

RaspberryMint is cruelty free, Canadian made, and was started by a registered nurse who is committed to hand making products in small batches using natural, organic ingredients and no parabens. If you want to read more about the brand, you can do so by clicking here. Now let's take a look at what I tested out myself.

Diva Night Repair for Lips

diva night repair for lips

This stuff smells so good! It's a strong cherry candy scent, and maybe it won't be for everyone, but I love it! It smells like Cherry Nibs, or maybe the cherry scented markers...? Anyways, I'm obsessed! It's also great how basic and nourishing the ingredients sound: coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, flavour, argan oil, vitamin E, and hemp seed oil. Only the flavour is a little vague, but I'm not bothered. When I first got this, it sat in a cold car for a while before I got around to opening, and it was really, really hard, but with a little warming up, and the warmth of your fingers, it melts quickly and easily and glides easily on to the lips.

diva night repai product

As the name suggests, it is mainly intended for nighttime lip conditioning, since it is basically an oil, even if it does start off as a solid; the heat of your fingers and lips practically liquify it, but it does also sink in quite quickly, depending how thick you apply it. Of course, you could always carry this in your bag and apply any time of the day, there's nothing stopping you from using this anytime, aside from the prospect of of oily fingertips.

Also, this product is HUGE! I don't know what I was expecting, but it was definitely smaller than this! The tin this comes in looks more like the packaging for a hand cream or something, rather than a lip product. Here's what it looks like sitting on my hand, for scale:

hand for scale

All in all, I quite like this stuff as an at-home lip moisturizer, where I can easily find a way to get it off my fingers without making a mess. It smells great, feels great, and really does moisturize. I was skeptical that it could last through the night, since it is more slippery than thick or sticky, but if you apply generously it does keep your lips soft and comfortable through the night and into the morning. I'd happily recommend it if you are interested. It sells for $14 CAD, which is pretty good for how much you get, but don't forget about the discount code at the end of this post. You can find the Diva Night Repair for Lips here.

Strawberry Hemp Lips Oil

strawberyy hemp lips

While I was testing this, I thought it was also from RaspberryMint, but with a little searching, and clue from some coupon cards included in my package, I found this lip oil was actually from another site belonging to Cherish, the nurse who started RaspberryMint, and this site is SteviaDrops.biz. It seems a little weird that she runs two sites with very similar products, but I've tested the products and written most of this review already, so I'll continue. Also, while I couldn't find the strawberry scent on SteviaDrops, there were several other scents available.

hemp lips rollerball

This "lipgloss" product is basically a liquid oil blend containing "coconut oil, grapeseed oil, hemp seed oil, and natural flavour oils" and it comes in a little roller ball, like essential oil blends sometimes do. A liquid oil product is a bit of a wierd choice for a lip product, in my opinion, but the rollerball application does make it work pretty well. You're never going to get a super accurate application, of course, but it does work to condition your lips. As an oil, it feels really light on the lips, but without completely soaking into the lips right away. You could work around this a little by dabbing less oil onto the lips and rubbing it in with a finger, though. It soaks into the skin quite quickly when blended. The strawberry scent is a little fake, but still more natural than the cherry of the Diva Night Repair. Overall, this is never going to be a favourite product, but it is nice, and I kinda like that it could be used on random dry patches of skin around your body because of the way it absorbs so quickly into the skin.

These sell for $5 CAD, and you can find all the available scents here, on steviadrops.com.

***

As I mentioned, RaspberryMint.ca gave me a code for you to get 50% off your purchase from now until March 31, 2017. The code is GRAND50. So if these products, or anything else on the site, interested you, you can give them a go for a nice discount now!

You can also use the code OFF20 to get $20 a purchase of $50 on SteviaDrops.com, if anything there interests you.

Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...