Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Makeup Tutorial/Inspiration

With only a couple more days until Christmas (3, to be exact), I thought it would be fun to do a festive, Christmas-y makeup look. I don’t have step-by-step pictures for you, but this look is very simple to recreate, and I will give you a list of the products I used, and a quick description!

To start off, here’s the look:

100_3390

Sorry this first one is so washed out… For some reason the camera decided my skin was pure white for this shot! I swear the rest will be better…

100_3408

100_3393

100_3401

And a close up of the eye makeup:

100_3391

Obviously, if you have similar colours, you can use whatever products you have at hand, but here’s what I used:

Lancome Color Ideal Foundation:

100_3410

I honestly don’t think they make this foundation anymore, but I still have this and its still fine, especially since it has a pump so my fingers have never been in it. Anyways, I used this with my flat-top Real Techniques Buffing Brush in a thin coat all over my face. Followed by:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Fair:

100_3411

Under my eyes and in a triangle on either side of my nose to highlight the center of my face. I don’t have much in the way of dark circles, but this helps my makeup to look more flawless, and I feel like it—and the powder of top of it—help to keep my eyeliner in place. Next, I used my:

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Sandstorm:

100_3416

Over my foundation and concealer to set and mattify everything, and to make sure it says in place all day. Next, I took my

ELF Eyebrow Kit in Light:

100_3415

I used an Angled liner brush from Morphe with the gel side first to shape and darken my brows, followed by the powder to set the gel and fill in sparse areas. I like to do my brows first because then I don’t over do it on my eyes, and that way I don’t forget. After that, I used my:

Urban Decay Primer Potion:

IMG_0089

To prime my eyes to make sure my makeup lasted, of course. Then I topped the primer with:

Urban Decay eyeshadow in W.O.S. (from the Naked Basics palette):

IMG_0047

IMG_0048

You haven’t seen the Naked Basics palette on my blog yet, I don’t think, but you will soon. Anyways, I just wanted to use a shadow that was basically the same colour as my skin to make sure my eyelids looked matte, clean, and bright, since I have thin eyelids. Also, I find that my eyelids are just oily enough to make my eyeliner transfer if I don’t wear it over eyeshadow, so this helped with that as well. Next, I used:

Wet’n’Wild H2O Proof Liquid Liner in Black:

IMG_0093

To line my upper lash line and to create a wing, followed by:

Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Liner in Neon Green:

IMG_0094

After drawing on the wing in the black liner, I traced just above that line with the green glitter liner. I had to do 2 thin coats to make it look this glittery and bright, but I really love how it came out. Next, of course, I added:

Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencil in Zero:

IMG_0086

To line my lower waterline. (If you find that liner in your water line tends to slide from the outer corners down into weird smudges, like mine loves to do, I would suggest using an angled brush and a matte black eyeshadow and press that into the edge of your liner, just below your lower lashes. I find that helps to prevent some of the smudging, if not all, and keeps my makeup looking cleaner, longer.) And to finish up my eyes, I added:

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Mascara in Black:

100_3417

To make sure I had eyelashes! I used about three coats of this mascara, since I find it goes on fairly thin. The upside of this formula is that I don’t find it really ever creates clumps, even after three coats. But the downside is that I have to do three coats to make my lashes look how I want them to. I’m pretty meh on this mascara. I don’t hate it by a long shot, but I wouldn’t choose it again.

If you wanted even more drama, you could definitely add some falsies, but for this look I stuck to just the mascara.

Now that the eyes are done, there are just two more steps to this look:

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft And Gentle:

100_3424

I used my Morphe fan brush and swiped this along the tops of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, my cupid’s bow, and just under my eyebrows. I love this highlight, but if you use it, make sure to use the tiniest amount, since it is insanely shimmery! I just swipe my brush into the product lightly, tap it off, and that is more than enough for me to highlight everywhere I want to do so!

Finally to finish off my look I added:

Sephora Lip Attitude Lipstick in Chic:

IMG_0100

Green and red is such a Christmassy combination, so to complete this look I figured a classic red lip was in order. This is my favourite red lipstick, but I’m not sure if it’s still available. It’s Sephora’s own brand, and the colour is Chic… unless it’s C27. Either way it’s gorgeous and I love it, but any classic-red lipstick will do!

And that’s all! Spritz with a makeup setting spray to make sure it lasts all day long (I use Urban Decay’s All-Nighter), and you’re good to go.

***

This look is really simple, so I think it would be good for just about anywhere that you might want to wear it! You could also, substitute the green liner for gold or silver glitter for a slightly different look, but I really love the green and red together, since it looks so subtly Christmassy. Or maybe it’s not that subtle. *shrugs* I wore this out shopping at the mall today, but I think it would also be great for Christmas parties, Christmas dinner, or maybe even as a simple New Year’s Eve look!

Anyway, I hope you liked this or took some kind of inspiration from it for yourself.

Thanks for reading, and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...