Friday, May 18, 2012

My May Glymm “Box”!

Hello again, my lovely readers! Today, when I went to get my mail out of the mail box, I was surprised by how full it was! Why? Because along with my Glymm box, all of my books for my class, which I ordered online, came today! (And that’s probably enough exclamation marks for the rest of this post >_<)
Anyways, I was already expecting some changes with this month’s box, partly because, as some of you may know, their website’s layout has changed from very pink, to the mostly black and gold, like the sticker on the box pictured below. I was a little depressed, thinking that my pile of pink boxes was about to be jumbled up with new black boxes. However, it would seem that the colour scheme change is most likely so that all the boxes and stickers work with both the girly box and the newer men’s box.
100_1034
100_1035
Above: The font on the side of the box was orange instead of pink as well.
Another reason that I was expecting a change is that Glymm has bumped up the price of their boxes from the original $10 to $12, to match Luxe and Top box, which is still cheaper than Glossy Box at $15. Luckily, as a long time subscriber, this doesn’t affect me unless I need to unsubscribe, and want to come back to it later, at which point I’ll have to start paying $12 a month. Anyways, on to the box!
This is what I saw on first opening it up:
100_1036
I think its pretty cool that Glymm is doing this small thing to cut down on the waste  from their service. At this point, though, since it’s wrapped in paper, I wasn’t sure whether “bag” meant a little ghetto paper bag like Julep, or a makeup bag like the American MyGlam. Below is the back of the card, which further explains the decision:
100_1037
100_1038The new product card
100_1045
100_1044
100_1043
Then there’s tissue paper and…
100_1046
This awesome, very cute makeup bag! Although I loved the boxes, I do have to admit that I was starting to wonder what I was going to do with them all! I hope I didn’t read it wrong, and that this change is a permanent one, because I would much prefer storing a bunch of cute little makeup bags! I think this is a great idea.
100_1047Sorry about the glare, my camera apparently doesn’t know what to do with something that brightly pink!
100_1049
I never look at the card beforehand, so this was a massive surprise! So much stuff!
Caudalie Vinosource duo:
100_1051
100_1052
Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum:Full size: 30 ml for $48.00
Sample size: 1 ml
Approx. value: $1.60
Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet:Full size: 40 ml for $38.00
Sample size: 1 ml
Approx. value: $0.95
Total: $2.55
I’m pairing these two products together as one because the card says that they are supposed to be used together.
The first, the Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum, is as the name suggests a hydrating serum, which is supposed to “diffuse water deep within the skin.” The second is the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet, which is a gel-cream, which is meant to calm as well as moisturize.
I actually just tried these out, and the serum is really nice, its very thin and watery, and the scent is very subtle. The moisturizer isn’t too heavy, which I really like, since I prefer light moisturizers to creamy ones for my face. The same fresh, light scent as the serum, as well, and my skin does feel pretty good. However, I have one complaint about the packaging. These cool little triangle shaped packs are very cute and different, but are quite hard to squeeze product out of, and I also doubt that there are 3 uses in these packages, as suggested by Glymm on the card.
Also, I’m about 99% sure I won’t take advantage of the deal mentioned on the card in the first picture, since I’m pretty happy with the moisturizer I have now, and these products are a bit pricey. Furthermore, I’m a bit low on money right now, as mentioned in an earlier post.
Coola Mineral Matte Cucumber Face Sunscreen:
100_1054
100_1055
Full size: 50 ml for $36.00
Sample size: 5 ml
Approx. value: $3.60
I’m looking forward to trying this product out, since I’ve been wishing I had a makeup with SPF in it. I’m not sure that I would purchase this product, though, even if I do like it, since it’s a little bit expensive. It sounds like a great product though, since it’s supposed to be non-greasy, mattifying, and a makeup primer.
Nu-Me HydroPunch Hydrating Conditioner:
100_1056
100_1057
Full size: 250 ml for $24.99
Sample size: 20 ml
Approx. value: $1.99
First off, let me just point out how happy I am that this isn’t a little foil packet! This I can at least toss into my gym bag and bring with me, so its much more useable. Its also pretty cool all of the great things that are packed into this product, but I am starting to wonder why Glymm is so obsessed with this company, which is certainly not Canadian, and which I had never heard of before receiving their products in my box. All the same, I’m looking forward to trying this conditioner, which smells pretty nice, though a little flower-y-er than I usually pick for my hair.
Mereadesso Lip Treats in “Sheer Pink”:
100_1058
100_1059
Full size: 2 sticks for $28.00
Sample size: 1 stick (1.2 g)
Approx. value: $14.00
Randomly, I was actually looking at this product when I was browsing the Glymm shop, trying to decide what to spend my points on. These little sticks are supposed to be moisturizing as well as being a lip primer. I’m not sure that this will help glosses stay on very long, but I guess it’s worth trying. Even as is, though, it works a little like a lip butter, adding a hint of colour and is pretty moisturizing. However, I probably wouldn’t purchase this on my own.
CK Shock For Him and For Her:
100_1060
100_1061
Full size: 50 ml for $45.00
Sample size: 1.2 ml (each)
Approx. value: $1.08 (each)
Total: $2.16
Again, I decided to group these two as one product, because they essentially are, being the guys and girls versions of the same fragrance. I really like both of these, and would gladly give the guy’s one to my boyfriend, except that my best friend got a deluxe sized sample of the CK Shock for Him in a Luxe Box, which she gave to her boyfriend, and I personally don’t want our boyfriends to smell the same. I might try it on myself, though, on a day I don’t see anyone, and if it doesn’t make me smell like a guy, I might just use it.
I don’t mind too much getting these fragrance samples like this, because of the spray tops, but I do prefer getting larger samples, since I’m paying for deluxe samples. I would have preferred a nice deluxe sample bottle of the For Her fragrance (which I am currently wearing and loving) instead of these two little ones.
Caudalie Crushed Cabernet Scrub:
100_1062
100_1063
Full size: 150 g for $29.00
Sample size: 60 g
Approx. value: $11.60
I haven’t tried this out yet, but, again, I’m looking forward to it. This is a pretty pricey product, which is great, because I get to try out something that I probably wouldn’t get to otherwise. It also looks pretty big, until you remember this is a body scrub, not a face scrub, so more of it is going to be used in one go. It doesn’t smell great, but it also doesn’t smell that bad, although it sure is ugly, my first impression was that it looked like dijon mustard, whereas my boyfriend thought it looked like poop. Great…
Approx. Overall value of this month’s box: $35.90
So, price-wise, this month’s box was well worth my 10 bucks. I love that I also get an added makeup bag! I’m impressed with how many products I got this month, but I do have to remind myself not to expect more than 5 products in next month’s bag. Overall, I’m quite happy with this month’s bag, though I would have preferred to have seen some more makeup products, and I don’t care too much for hair products and perfumes.
If you want to subscribe and give me 50 points for referring you, here’s my referral link:
Did you get this month’s Glymm box? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, getting it with the points is a great idea, not to mention one of the awesome things about Glymm, but I'm pretty sure the next thing I'm using my points for is a Cake hand lotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My box had a liner, I think yours was better! http://guiltlust.blogspot.ca/2012/05/glymm-bag-may-2012-new-look.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...