Thursday, May 31, 2012

Before and After, or “What I look like without makeup”

I just want to preface this post by saying that not too long ago, I wouldn’t have had the courage to post something like this, and I probably haven’t left the house without at least mascara on since grade 9 (about 7 years ago). However, after seeing so many other posts like this on Reddit, as well as makeup tutorials on Youtube, I’m a tiny bit less critical of how I look without makeup.

That said, I did take these pictures, originally to post to r/MakeupAddiction on reddit, but decided to also post them here, along with a list of the products I used to create the look.

Before:

100_1066

Please excuse my messy brows. They got very thin over the years due to over plucking, and I have been growing them back before I get back to work cleaning them up. I am enjoying not having almost invisible lines for eyebrows, though!

After:

I apologize for the odd colouring in the first couple pictures, I’m not sure what my camera was doing.

100_1089

100_1090This is a very derpy picture…

100_1092Close-up, with closed eyes so you can see the contouring.

100_1093

I’m actually wearing less makeup today (and in these pictures) than I sometimes do, but I still think this is a pretty good representative of an everyday type look for me. To create this look I used:

  • Sephora Mineral Foundation Compact in Light
  • NARS Blush in Orgasm
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette:
    • Naked as a base colour
    • Sidecar over top, for sparkle
    • Darkhorse on the outer corner and crease
    • Sin on the inner corner (though I don’t think you can see it)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero on my waterline
  • Maybelline Turbo Volume Express Waterproof Mascara in Very Black

I also sprayed the ELF Mist and Set spray over the look when I was done. I’m not entirely sure that this product does anything, but I like to believe that it does. For the most part, though, I think it just adds a little hydration to my skin, and can prevent my skin from looking too dry if I used just powder, instead of my BB Cream. I would really like to get one of the Urban Decay setting sprays, which I do believe help my makeup last longer, since I often test them out if I get a chance to walk into Sephora at my mall.

I’d love to see your before and after pictures, so post a link for me in the comments if you have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...