Saturday, February 18, 2012

Smaller than a mini-haul

Alright, so this time I just have two products to show you guys that I’ve picked up in the last week, so this isn’t really a haul, but anyway…

The first thing I got as a flakey polish, which I have been wanting for a while now. In particular, I got Essie’s Shine of the Times from their Luxeffects line:

100_0617

100_0622

100_0624

It was between this or Seche Vite, however I decided that Seche will not disappear, but I don’t know how long Shine of the Times will be available, and so my decision was made easier.

Shine of the Times looks pretty boring in the bottle, as all flakeys tend to, and also boring when swatched on my nail wheel:

100_0576

However, when I put it over black polish, like my current mani, you can see all the awesome colours in this polish! There’s a cool range of greens, yellows, and oranges in this one:

100_0580

100_0581

100_0593

100_0596

While I liked some of the colours in the Finger Paints polishes that I’ve seen on other blogs, I haven’t the faintest clue where or if I could buy those in store, so I settled for what I know I can find. Personally, I’m really happy with it!

The second thing I picked up was the Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion. I was going to wait until I finished my new Zero pencil, but, as my boyfriend pointed out, what if it’s a limited edition thing and you can’t get it. He helpfully suggested that I buy it now, so that I can be sure I have it. This is why he’s awesome =)

100_0599

100_0601

Anyways, if you aren’t aware, Perversion is a dark, dark black liner. This is an improvement on their old black, Zero, that I hadn’t even realised previously needed to be improved on. However, Perversion is fantastic! It’s so pigmented! When you look at it swatched on the back of my hand, both swatched with the same amount of pressure, you can see just how much darker Perversion is to Zero:

100_0603

I’ll definitely still use Zero, since its not every day someone needs the blackest black liner possible, but its great to have Perversion for when I want a super strong, black line!

So that’s all for now, I’m really pleased with both of these products. What is/are your favourite flakey polishes, or are you dying to try them still? Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. YAY I'm glad that you were able to get the Essie polish! :D I just picked that up not too long ago and I am so happy that I did (I love how concentrated the flakies are! :D).

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...