Saturday, May 25, 2013

Last weekend’s Target and Shoppers Drugmart Mini-Haul

Last weekend’s mini-haul was basically just me needing to pick up several things that I was running out of or completely out of, and also 2 pairs of shoes. First, I’ll show you my beauty-related products:

100_2652

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Shampoo and Conditioner:

100_2653

100_2654

I love Herbal Essences shampoos/conditioners, and I’ve tried a bunch of formulas. My last one, the Honey I’m Strong one, is empty now, so I had to pick up a new one, and I decided to try this one geared towards curly hair, which I have. First of all, this smells sooo good, fruity, sweet, and happy! Also, I tried it for the first time earlier today, and let my hair dry as I usually do, and my hair did dry a lot curlier all on its own than it usually does, since it’s usually a curly/wavy hybrid. Anyways, I’m definitely happy with this formula, and for $3 each bottle at Target, there’s no way I could complain!

Essie Millionails Treatment:

100_2655

100_2656

100_2658

I’ve been out of my OPI Nail Envy for a while now, and my nails haven’t been as long since, so I picked up this cheaper alternative to try (only $10, instead of the usual $20 or so for Nail Envy). I’m trying out for the first time today, so you may hear about it again in the future.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Silky Beige:

100_2660

100_2661

They didn’t have the colour I got last time (#004, so one shade lighter), but it was on sale, I’m almost out, and I’m a little darker because of the sun lately anyways, so I figure this will be fine. I’m making myself finish my last one before I begin this one, but I did test it on my hand, and it didn’t stand out at all. Definitely my favourite powder that I’ve found so far, and also, when I asked the Makeup Addiction subreddit for their favourite powders, most of them said this one as well, so I didn’t see a reason to try anything else out.

So that’s everything makeup-related, and I’ll just quickly show you the two pairs of shoes that I bought:

“American Eagle” fabric flats from Payless Shoes

100_2663

Apparently the “American Eagle” line from Payless has nothing to do with American Eagle Outfitters, the store with the awesome jeans… Which I guess is good to know.

Anyways, these are actually my second pair of these same flats. The first pair I bought were in a bright (TARDIS) blue, and I loved them so much I went back for the cool patterened ones pictured above. They’re a really simple fabric flat, and they’re way cooler than a leather or faux-leather flat, since the air can go right through them to my feet, and also the back is open. I’m pretty sure that I’m going to live in these shoes all summer, since flip flops usually hurt my feet and these are just so damn cute! If you’re curious, these are about $17 in Payless in Canada.

“Hatsutori” Wedge Sandals from Spring:

100_2668

100_2667

From the front, these are just a cute, tan sandal with a wood-look platform, but I am in loooooove with the cool cut-out in the heel. I also think that the Japanese name that Spring gave these shoes is fitting, since they definitely feel a little Asian in style to me. They’re also pretty comfortable, though I haven’t had a chance to wear them out yet. They’re about a 3.5 inch difference between the heel height and the platform front, so they’re pretty practical, and a height I have proved I can handle well with my polkadot Forever XI shoes. Also, the straps are pretty soft, so I don’t think they should rub, bite, or blister much if at all. I’m excited to try them out! These shoes are $50 at Spring.

So that’s everything for now. I should also have a Wal-Mart skincare mini-haul up in a couple days, assuming I don’t disappear again.

Let me know what you think about any or all of the above, and also if there is anything you want to hear about from you. I love reading your comments!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...