If you've been reading my blog for a really long time, its possible that you've already read a version of this tag/award from me, but that was a long time ago, and besides, the questions change each time, since you make up your own questions and tag others to do them after answering your tag-er's questions...
This post looked like a scary block of text,
so here's a second version of the picture that
became my new profile picture recently.
Because why not?
Did that make sense? For this tag, you answer the 11 questions that the person who tagged you came up with, then write your own 11 questions, and (try to) tag 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. I was nominated this time by Christine of Lightsmithing. Here were her questions (and my answers, obviously)
1. What got you into blogging?
I got into blogging because of other small beauty bloggers and because of Reddit. I loved looking at other people's makeup and hauls and reviews, and I felt like I already bought so much makeup that that was something that I could love doing as well. I've also always kinda wanted to have a blog, but never had anything worth writing about before. =P
2. What is your favourite makeup brand?
I'm going to cheat on this one and pick two—one high-end and one drugstore. My favourite drugstore brand has to be Maybelline, and my favourite high-end brand is, of course, Urban Decay. Who's surprised?
3. What is a colour you love, but just can't pull off (makeup, clothes, accessories)?
It's possible that I either don't care or am completely crazy, but I think I'm one of those lucky people that can pull off all the colours I love wearing. Honestly, at least half of pulling off a look is acting and pretending that you can, and that confidence is going to look great. Obviously, some colours just won't work with some skin colours, but usually confidence plays a part in making a look just look wrong.
4. Where is your favourite place in the city/town you live?
I'm going to say that Vancouver as a regional district encompasses my smaller city, and so I'm going to tell you my favourite place in Vancouver, because, honestly, telling the internet which particular city I live it worries me a little. I'm kinda paranoid like that. >_> Anyways... Picking just one place is really hard, but definitely a big on is Stanley Park, especially in the Spring and Summer! It's just so pretty, because it's huge, with the water around it, and the tons of trees and trails and shit... I also just really like Downtown Vancouver for walking around and shopping in!
5. What app can't you live without? (Alternatively, what piece of tech can't you live without?)
The two apps I actually probably couldn't live without are Instagram and Hangouts. Hangouts is essentially Google/Android's stock texting app, but it also rolls in Google's online messenger, so it's how I talk to everyone I actually know. And then Instagram is just my app addiction; if I could only have one form of social media, it would be Instagram, because I just love pictures and photography, and since tons of people have stopped using the shitty filters, I think its a really fun way to share and look at pictures from all kinds of people! Not that I think I need to sell you on Instagram... I'm sure you love it too! (you should totally follow me!)
6. Name a place you've always wanted to go, but haven't yet. (Alternatively, name your favourite place that you have gone.)
The number one place on my list of places I really want to go is England! I have an addiction to all kinds of English/British things... History, fiction, tv, movies, actors, landmarks, accents, tea... Its basically my dream to see as much of England as possible... cool historical places like the Tower of London and some of the palaces, castles, or other important historical houses, landmarks to do with my favourite authors, like Tolkien and Austen, London, Cardiff, Doctor Who/Torchwood stuff... I'm a touch obsessive!
7. What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
My favourite normal ice cream flavour is French vanilla. My two more interesting favourites are Cake Batter and Coffee ice cream.
8. What's a topic you haven't blogged about, but would maybe do it if you had the opportunity?
This one is a bit hard, but I guess I have a couple of answers. The first is that I haven't ever really done any fashion stuff, and I think it could be fun. Also, though this is probably more vlogging material, but an event like LA or NY IMATS, BeautyCon, or VidCon would be fun to attend and share if I ever get the chance to go!
9. What's your favourite makeup item/category?
Item: probably Mascara, it's an essential for me. Category: probably lips because they're just so damn fun!
10. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had lots of ideas when I was a kid, but I think my earliest one was that I wanted to be a Olympic Gold Medal Winning Figure Skater. Yes, I was specific about the Olympic gold medal. At 4 years old. =P
11. What's your secret talent?
I don't really think I have a secret talent... Though I guess I am really good at self-teaching myself computer stuff. Like HTML, which I began learning when I was aroung 12/13, making a webpage for my guild on Neopets... Shush... I can hear you laughing through the screen... I think I taught myself Photoshop, and I know I taught myself to edit videos using a couple different programs. It's just a thing I do for fun.
And here are my questions. I do not apologize for their randomness...
- What lipstick are you wearing right now? (Or what is the last lipstick you wore, if you aren't wearing one right now)
- Is blogging/vlogging a dream job for you, or it is just a hobby?
- What is the best book you read recently? (Or, if nothing stands out, what was the last book you read?)
- How would you define your fashion style?
- Android or iOS? (Or Windows phone... lol!)
- Do you use Reddit?
- What is your favourite video or computer game, and what do you play it on? (Or what is your favourite phone/board game, if that's how you do.)
- Do you read more blogs, or watch more YouTubers?
- What is one thing you think people should know about you?
- Would you rather stop buying makeup, or stop buying clothes?
- What is your favourite TV show?
So going through all the blogs I follow... not many are below 200 followers!
1. Gigi of Confessions of an Asian Girl
2. Brittany of Starless Favourites
3. Whitney of Macarons and Mischief
4. Janet of Beauty Box Chic
And I'm not sure they're still blogging, or will ever return, but if they are, I also tag:
5. Chelsey of My Beauty Full Adventure
6. Louise of GretalRabbit Writes
Thanks for reading!