Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nail Wheels (and a decision)

Hello, my beautiful readers! If you’ve been following for any length of time, you may had noticed my mention of the nail wheels that I ordered about a month and a half ago on eBay… well, I finally got them at the end of last week, and I thought I’d show you how they’re looking now…

100_0277

The ones I bought came as a pack of ten wheels, each with room for 18 swatches… however, what I realized is that, despite my collection being able to completely fill a mid-sized Sephora bag, I actually don’t have all that many polishes. In the end, it turns out I have 42 polishes… though I remembered earlier that I have one polish that for some reason or another wasn't living with the rest, so I’ll have to swatch that one too at some point.

Anyways, I made a list of all the polishes in a Word document (because I’m cool), and I organized the colours into four categories: one is reds, oranges, and pinks, one is greens, blues, and purples, another is glitters, and the fourth is blacks, greys, and whites. Finally, I decided to do two coats for each of the polishes, except for the crackles, and the glitters, since I often use them as topcoats, so those I just swatched one coat of.

Also, as I mentioned in the title, I’ve made a decision… almost like a deal with myself. I’ve decided that if I can manage not to purchase any cosmetics items until the end of January, I can buy myself Urban Decay’s Naked Palette in February! I’ve looked into it, and it’s a pretty good deal, considering somewhat neutral shadows are what I tend to turn to most often, the shadows in the palette are almost full-size, and a full size single shadow from UD is $20 at Sephora… when you look at it like that, even if there is a shadow or two that I might not use, $58 for the Naked Palette doesn’t look like such a bad deal.

Ideally, though, after spending $65 (after taxes) on eye shadow, I also would try to avoid buying makeup in February… although maybe I’ll allow a nail polish purchase or two in February…

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! :D I know how hard it can be. T.T Great swatches!! :D There have been so many things that I have wanted to purchase recently >.<!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Luckily there hasn't been too much I've really been wanting the last little while, though of course, now that I've told myself I can't have anything for a month, I'm going to want everything I see...! :P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...