Friday, July 6, 2012

Red to Orange Ombre nails!

I originally started off not liking this trend very much. I didn’t have anything particularly against it, but I didn’t think it was something I wanted to try. My basic reasoning was: “If I’m going to paint all my nails different colours, why not make them completely different?” But after seeing lots of people showing off their ombre manicures in various gorgeous colours, it has really grown on me! Also, it sorta seemed like a challenge to see if I had enough similar colours to find 5 that were close but not too close to make this look work.

I think I did pretty well, so I present to you my blood red to coral-y orange ombre manicure:

100_1212

100_1213

100_1214

100_1215

100_1219

What’s weird is that the coral nail looks a lot closer to the orange in person, but my camera insisted in making it look pretty pink. Also, I know the pinky colour is too dark, however, while I did have closer reds, they are all shimmery. Oh well.

In case you want to know what polishes I used, here’s a list:

  • Pinkies: RGB in Oxblood
  • Ring fingers: OPI in Keys to My Karma
  • Middle fingers: Essie in Too Too Hot
  • Pointer fingers: Sephora by OPI in Caliente Coral
  • Thumbs: Wet’n’Wild Wild Shine in Blazed

Also, this mani completely finished up the last of my first bottle of Seche Vite! I actually ha to add a tiny bit of remover to get enough topcoat for my last 3 or 4 nails, and, as expected, this made this mani chip a lot faster than usual. Luckily, however, instead of having to shell out a bunch of money I can’t afford on new topcoat, I had some free money left on my Paypal account, and I found a set of 2 bottles of Seche for approximately the price of one in store, so I just have to wait for those to arrive! Until then I guess I’ll have to suffer with my old, slow drying Sephora by OPI clear… =(

Are there any nail trends you were skeptical about at first, only to fall in love with them later on? Or make-up or fashion trends for that matter? Let me know in the comments, an don’t forget to vote on the poll!

Sorry to keep reminding you, but I do want to get a rough guess of how many people really read the blog and are likely to enter the contest!

Thanks for reading, I hope you all have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. You should get into Essence polishes (from Shoppers, they're $1.50ea). They're great for ombres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, cool, thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.

      Delete
  2. That's not the only way to get it! Lots of people get little craft beads and use them the same way. I think you can find them on ebay. Maybe Michael's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Colorful-Micro-Beads-Nail-Art-Acrylic-Tips-Decoration-Manicure-Wheel-/160802003971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25708bdc03

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I am obssed with ombre and will definetly be trying that out! One question: Is Wet'n'Wild wild shine in blazed the same color as china glaze in peechy keen? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O_o Looks like you hit send a couple times and blogger got confused! haha!

      Also, I don't have that one, so I can't be sure, but I googled it, and to me it looks like Peachy Keen is a bit more orange than Blazed, which is more of a pinky coral, but they do look pretty close!

      Delete
  5. I love that! I am obssed with ombre and will definetly be trying that out! One question: Is Wet'n'Wild wild shine in blazed the same color as china glaze in peechy keen? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! I am obssed with ombre and will definetly be trying that out! One question: Is Wet'n'Wild wild shine in blazed the same color as china glaze in peechy keen? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...