Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation // Quick Review

Hey, just wanted to post a quick review of the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, especially since I don’t think I ever posted about it in a haul, and it hasn’t exactly made it into a favourites post yet, since, to be honest, I don’t wear foundation all that often.

I wanted to try this product because a couple of the blogs and youtubers that I follow had great things to say about it, and I was looking for a replacement for my old bottle of LancĂ´me. One review in particular, though I can no longer remember whose, compared this foundation to a much higher-end product, and so I thought it sounded like a good use of my money!

100_2838

At first, I wasn’t super impressed with this product, but it has definitely grown on me. Some products take a little getting used to, and in my experience, foundations are certainly one of those products. However, this is a really nice foundation. It has nice coverage, without being too thick, cakey, or unnatural, and I find it to be somewhat buildable, though I don’t usually bother. It goes on smooth, and I don’t find that it gets flakey looking on my skin, and make me look like I have dry patches, which is a problem I’ve had in the past with foundations.

100_2841

100_2842

I also haven’t had any problem with breakouts or oiliness while using this product, and my combination skin can get fairly oily and breakout if I smother it in the wrong products.

My colour isn’t perfect, and that is my only critique of this product, to be honest, and that isn’t the fault of the product, so much as the whole drugstore makeup model, since there often aren’t any testers at the majority of drugstore makeup retailers. That said, I think I picked a fairly good match for my skin tone, and nothing that a little blush and bronzer can’t perk up. (It looks right on my hand, but it’s fairly pale on my face, especially if matched with my Shiro finishing powder.

This product also functions well mixed with my Garnier BB Creme, or over top of my sunscreen, either the Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Oil Free Sunscreen or my L’Oreal Paris 48 HR Ideal Moisture lotion.

Have you tried this product? What did you think? What are your favourite drugstore foundations? Let me know in the comments, and thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...