Sunday, July 7, 2013

June 2013 Favourites

Hey all. I really should be writing an essay right now, but I wanted to make sure this got up before the end of the week, so this is my last chance! Let’s jump right into it, shall we?

Cosmetic Favourites:

1. Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencil in Freak

100_2780

100_2781

Yep, I have another colour in the UD liners! I’m so in love with his neon, lime, almost-metallic liner! It’s just so easy to use this liner as a one-step eye look along with my usual daily black waterline and mascara, and I love it. Plus, it’s a fun, bright summer colour that isn’t going to go anywhere all day long! The swatch didn’t photograph well, but it looks really cool. I’d suggest going to swatch it in store if you have a Sephora.

2. Out the Door topcoat

100_2785

This has been in my favourites before, but that was last September, and I thought it needed a re-mention. I love this topcoat even more than Seche Vite, since this one never seems to shrink on my nails and, even with half the bottle used up, it still hasn’t gone gloopy. I’m definitely going to have to try and find a store around here that sells it. They have it online at Sally Beauty Supply, so I might have to make a long trip over there to see if they have it, but I think there is a store in my mall that sells it as well. And, if all else fails, NailPolishCanada.com has it for $11, which is twice what I paid for it at Target in the states, but no more than I find Seche for in stores.

3. Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat

100_2784

Another nail polish! I love this polish, since it can make any colour last a few more days by covering some little flaws while adding a gorgeous sparkle and shine! Its also really fast drying, so I don’t have to add another coat of topcoat when I put this on top of an older mani! As you can see, I’ve used a lot of this, and it isn’t available in Canada, from what I know. If you know where I can get some that will ship it to Canada for me, please let me know!

4. Baby Lips Peach

100_2788

I may have mentioned the bright pink Baby Lips before in a favorites post, but I recently bought the peach one as well. I’ve been loving this because, without any help, my lips have been sunburning like crazy this year. The Baby Lips formula is smooth and smells fantastic, and it has SPF 25. This shade is very neutral, and I don’t notice any colour on my lips, which is great, because my first one was bright pink, but I don’t always want bright lips, so it’s good to have a neutral option as well. It has a slight shimmer to it, which just adds to the shine, and it helps to protect my lips. Also, did I mention they smell great?

Honorable Mention:

Elf powder. Wrong colour, but very buildable, and shockingly good coverage. Also, doesn’t break me out at all.

Non-Cosmetic Favourites:

1. Crystal Light Singles in Pink Lemonade

100_2791

I got these on sale a while ago, and I’ve actually really been liking them. It’s been pretty hot lately, but I get sick of water pretty quickly. Having these with me in my bag when I’m out help me to stay hydrated, since I can just mix them into a cup or bottle of water. They also sometimes help to keep me from hitting a vending machine for a Coke or Pepsi, which is good, because these have only 5 calories per packet, as opposed to the 200 or so calories in a bottle of Coke.

2. Clif Bars

100_2790

These are basically energy bars, and they come in tons of flavours. They can be pretty pricey, but Target sells them here in Canada for less than $1.50 each. They’re basically like soft, chewy cookies, but they’re also more filling, and full of fibre, minerals, and vitamins, so they’re a lot more healthy while still satisfying a sugary craving! I’m not saying they’re low-calorie, by the way. As an energy bar, they are going to have calories (where do you think your energy comes from? Calories are just a unit for measuring energy!), and these have about 250 cal/bar. But, if you were going to reach for a bunch of cookies, chocolate, or a brownie or something, and pick this instead, at least you’re gonna get some nutrients at the same time! My favourite flavour is the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip.

3. My sunglasses

100_2777

I love my sunglasses. They were super cheap, and I probably got them at Ardene or Stitches… I can’t actually remember. But they don’t distort anything, and they’re fun and pink, and they protect my eyes from the sun so I can see. Also, I love my bright green sunglass case, which I bought at Urban Planet a year or so ago after years of breaking/crushing/losing other pairs of sunglasses. So, yeah.

Anyways, that’s all for now. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...