Thursday, February 23, 2012

Small, but proper Haul!

So I spent a fair bit of money on beauty products last weekend, though definitely less than buying, say, a Naked palette… Anyways, here are my collected acquisitions from last Saturday and Sunday:

100_0659

I got the two polishes and remover pen from Trade Secret after work on Saturday, because I didn’t feel like going home just yet, and was cruising around the mall. I thought I’d check in at this store and see if it carried the Seche Vite and if it was the same price as at London Drugs, where I usually buy my Essie polishes and where I’ve seen Seche before.

I didn’t actually intend to purchase anything, but then I found this refillable remover pen, which is great, because you don’t just toss it because it’s empty and it also comes with a second tip. Plus, I have such a hard time cleaning up my nails after polishing them that I thought this would come in handy.

100_0632

100_0630

100_0629

Then I noticed the neon green polish which is from OPI’s Nicki Minaj line and is called “Did It On ‘Em”, which I mentioned to my boyfriend when he called while I was in the store, and he told me I had to get it. Obviously this didn’t help me at all… I already really wanted a neon green polish and no one is telling me not to! What was I supposed to do? So I followed my devil-boyfriend’s advice and got the polish (haha, I’m kidding, he obviously understands my needs, telling me to get this polish, though he did make me spend more money). I really love the colour, and just wish my camera picked up the colour better. Especially in natural light, it’s much more of a neon green and doesn’t have nearly as much green in it!

100_0631

Then, obviously, Trade Secret also had the Seche, which I think was about the same price, and so I got that too, since I’ve been dying for it for so long! I really like it. It dries nice and fast, and is super shiny! The only thing I’ve noticed, is that it can peel independently of the nail colour, which is a little weird, but it’s great unless your polish starts to peel! I also did my sister’s nails with it, and the Seche seems to cover the texture of glitter a lot better than other topcoats!

100_0660Did It On ‘Em on the nail wheel, two coats

100_0661

100_0626And on my nails

Then, Sunday, I went downtown, and there was a special thing on at Kiehl’s, I’m not sure why, but the deal was that if you bought two products, you got a $15 gift certificate, which can be used instantly. Oddly enough this counted even for the lip balms, which are $11 each, so I grabbed two for only $7 plus tax, which is a pretty great deal. I’ve wanted to try these balms for a while, since I’ve read great things about them in several places, and they definitely are really nice. I got the coconut and cranberry flavours/scents, and the cranberry is definitely my favourite, though they are both great.

100_0665100_0669

Have you made any good purchases lately? Love these lip balms, or maybe prefer something else? Let me know what you think! =)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, if I ever start doing giveaways, which I want to eventually, everyone else gets people to like their fb pages for an extra entry, so I thought I'd get mine started so I can do that too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...