Sunday, September 20, 2015

REVIEW || Mr. Bubble Cologne Spray by the Demeter Fragrance Library

I recently received this scent from Demeter thanks to the Canadian Beauty Blogger network. I'm pretty excited to share this with you, because I have loved the idea of the Demeter Fragrance Library for a long time, they have an amazing selection of scents, and this one is really fun!

As a kid, I loved bubble baths. I'm sure lots of people did. I was hard to get into the bath when I was little, though, since I never liked water or getting wet, but if there was bubbles I was there. I liked trying to collect all the bubbles into a pile, and making myself a bubble-beard, and bubble-hats, and a bubble version of Ariel's shell bikini. Bubbles were the best!

I used lots of brands, and I wasn't picky, but Mr. Bubble is a classic, and of course it was one of the ones I used! When I first received this scent and gave it a sniff, it didn't give me instant flashbacks, but I knew it smelled familiar. Like childhood and happiness. And a little like grade 1... which I realise makes no sense, but maybe I used a lot of Mr. Bubble that year, or maybe I had a friend in school that did =P

Anyways, this scent is so much fun. It isn't strong, intensely sweet, or overpowering in any way. It is a soft, somewhat candy-like smell, somewhat powdery, and very clean smelling... because it smells like bubble bath! The staying power isn't great, but it isn't terrible, and this is a pretty inexpensive scent, so I don't think it's a big deal to use an extra spritz in the middle of the day if you need some more.

If you don't just want to go off my poor explanation, Demeter's site describes the scent as: "nostalgic and current: a sharp fruity concoction with notes of coconut, banana and peach. A floral center of jasmine and rose along with a balsamic vanilla and powdery raspberry base, round out this memory-making fragrance." Personally, I don't smell those flowery notes at all, but what do I know about perfumes?!

If you loved bubble baths, and Mr. Bubble, and want a happy hit of nostalgia in the form of a perfume, I'd recommend giving this a shot. You can find this scent on DemeterFragrance.com for $20 USD for 1oz, or $39.50 USD for 4oz.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...