Sunday, June 22, 2014

LDBeauty Quick Overview and Haul!! (Picture Heavy)

Hello again! If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you may have already seen me talking about the LDBeauty (or London Drugs Beauty) Preview event in Richmond, BC just a few days ago (June 18th). Along with tons of other bloggers and journalists, I was invited by Cynnamon, who does PR for London Drugs, to go to the London Aviation Centre to see what some of the beauty brands carried by London Drugs had just recently released, as well as some products that are not yet on the market (most will be coming out either in July or August, if I remember correctly).

This was so not a cheap event for London Drugs to put on! Sure, they own the hangar that the event was in, but they flew most of us over in groups of twelve from the heliport near Waterfront Station in downtown Vancouver to YVR airport, had an open bar all night, gave out tons of full-size products for us all to try out, and then drove us back to the skytrain station in a limo!

I had such a good time learning about all these different products, and learning about some brands I’ve honestly never looked twice at, as well as some beloved favourites, like NYX and Revlon. As I post them, I will link to my review videos below each brand’s product picture below!

Here are some pictures of the night before I get into a quick overview of what I received (clicking the picture should open the full-size image in a new tab/window):

IMG_0969

IMG_0968
2014-06-18 18.34.13
2014-06-18 18.54.44

2014-06-18 19.09.10
2014-06-18 21.26.35
Check out my quick overview video of the night for more pictures and video clips from my helicopter ride, either below or click here to see in HD on Youtube!

And now, the products! I’m not going to go into depth here, as there is way too much, and I intend to do smaller reviews, probably by brand, later on. For now, I’ll just list the products, and when possible list the price according to London Drug’s site:

Overview

IMG_0982
Prestige

IMG_0989
two Total Wear Lip Crayons (in Party Shine and Bare It All), Triple Line Ink Pen, Makeup Eraser Pen, and two Color Rush Eyeshadows (in Copper and Bronze), all of which came in that nice pencil case!

See my Prestige brand review (available Aug 7, 10 am PST).

John Frieda
IMG_0994
Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner ($12 each), Frizz Ease Dream Curls Shampoo and Conditioner ($11 each), Frizz Ease Unwind Curls Calming Creme ($11), Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch Up Creme ($11), and Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir ($12).
 
NYX
 
IMG_0996
Two Timer Dual Ended Eyeliner, Butter Lipstick in Licorice ($11.99), Angel Veil Primer, Butter Gloss in Madeleine ($8), and Dream Catcher Palette in Stormy Skies ($17.99). (All came in a pretty lace drawstring bag)
 
Revlon
 
IMG_0999
Colorstay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black, Bold Lacquer by Grow Luscious Mascara ($10), Colorstay Eyeliner in Jade ($8), Colorstay Moisture Stain in LA Exclusive ($13), and three Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Polishes (in Jackpot, In The Money, and Full House).

See my Revlon brand review video

 
Chella
 
IMG_1000
Eyebrow Defining Gel ($18.00), Highlighter Pencil in Ivory Lace ($18.00), Eyebrow Colour Pencil in Light Brown ($18.00), Heated Eyelash curler ($22.00), and Dual Size Color Pencil Sharpener ($5.00).
(above prices from chella.com)
 
 
Essie
 
IMG_1003
Matte About You Topcoat ($10), Apricot Cuticle Oil ($10), Quick-E Drying Drops ($10), and “Fierce, No Fear” polish from their 2014 Summer Collection ($10).

See my Essie brand review video (Available Aug 4, 10 am PST).

Mineral Fusion
 
IMG_1004
Sheer Moisture Lip Tint in Glow, Hair Repair Shampoo and Conditioner ($10 each full-size; sample worth maybe $2 total), and Eyeshadow Trio in Stormy ($24).

Part of my Mixed Brand Review video (Available Aug 11, 10 am PST).

Annabelle
 
IMG_1008
Biggy Bronzer in Haute Gold ($12), Big Show Volumizing Mascara ($10), Lip Liner in Buff ($7), EyeInk Liquid Liner Pen in Black ($10), TwistUp Eyeshadow Crayon in Indigo ($10), and BigShow Lip Shine in Beam ($10).

See my Annabelle brand review video

Home Skinovations
 
IMG_1009
Silk’n FaceFX ($150). (Also, a coupon for $50 off coupon for either the FaceFX or the Flash&Go system, which is an at home permanent hair removal system.)
 
Goody

IMG_1012
Bun Spiral ($7), Double Sided Smoothing Comb ($4.50), Bun Foundation ($6), Bobby Pins ($4), and wire-lined head scarf ($7).

Coty (Rimmel / Sally Hansen / Calvin Klein)

IMG_1017
$5 off coupon for Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish, Roller Ball of Calvin Klein Endless Euphoria ($49 for 40 ml; sample worth ~$3.68), Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Back to Fuschia, and Rimmel ScandalEyes Rockin’ Curves Mascara in Extreme Black.

Part of my Mixed Brand Review video (Available Aug 11, 10 am PST).

c.A.K.E Jewellery

IMG_1019
Black and silvery beaded long necklace and matching bracelet.

Lise Watier

IMG_1021
Lift & Firm 3D Duo Serum, 24HRS Glam Eyeshadow pencil in Satin Glam, Feline Velvet Lip Lacquer in Rouge (I think), Feline Eyeliner HD liquid liner pen in Brown, and Feline Eyeshadow Quartet in 32767.

See my Lise Watier brand review video

Randoms

IMG_1015
Red Carpet Revitalise Cuticle Oil ($6), Tweezerman Brush IQ Blender Brush, Got2B Rise’n’Shine Hairspray ($6), Philips Trimmer, and Cargo HD Mascara ($26).

Most of which is part of my Mixed Brand Review video (Available Aug 11, 10 am PST).

My Stack of Press Releases/Coupons/Info

IMG_1027

My badge, all the press releases and coupons I collected, as well as the hardcover book with all the brand and featured product information from the event. Not pictured: a thumbdrive full of press pictures of all the featured products.
 
***
 
Do be sure to let me know if there are any products that you would especially like to see a review on! Over the next few weeks, I plan to test out and then review many, if not all, of the products that I received. I’ll probably do my reviews by brand, but if you have a better idea, or any other suggestions, let me know.
 
Thanks so much for reading, and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see my reviews when I post them!
siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...