Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review: China Glaze’s Dash of Dazzle polish set

Nail Polish Canada contacted me to ask if I wanted to review one of the China Glaze Happy Holi-Glaze polish sets. I picked the blue and gold one called “Dash of Dazzle,” the other set was a pink, red, and a glitter. If you want to check out either set, or any of the polishes in the collection, you can find them at NailPolishCanada.com

But for now, let’s take a look at my swatches, shall we?

The packaging on the set:

2013-11-15 15.59.06

This is how the sets look, with that box holding all of them together. And Nail Polish Canada sent me some Christmas coloured lollipops, too!

A closer shot of the bottles:

2013-11-15 15.59.25

From left to right: Mingle with Kringle, Bells Will Be Blinging, and So Blue Without You.

Nail Wheel swatch of Bells Will Be Blinging:

2013-11-15 16.10.11

Just one coat; this is how I like to swatch my glitters so I’ll be able to see how they’ll layer over another colour.

Nail Wheel Swatches of So Blue Without You and Mingle With Kringle:

2013-11-15 16.11.53

Above: One coat. I usually do at least two coats on my nail wheels, as I like to see how many layers it takes to reach full opacity on the nail. But even at one coat, these polishes are pretty close to opaque. They are also pretty much the exact same consistency, and spread really nicely without any streaking. Below is a picture of these polishes with two coats:

2013-11-15 16.14.22

On the Nail:

2013-11-16 01.46.54

I did two coats of So Blue Without You, and then two thin coats of Bells Will Be Blinging (which is a ridiculous name!) on the accent nail. I really love how well these two colours work together. And the colour of the So Blue Without You polish is just fantastic; it’s like a cold, bright, almost foil-like blue. Definitely in love.

There are lots more colours in this collection, aside from the two sets that are available. Also, right now the sets are available for $15 each on NailPolishCanada.ca, and shipping is free in Canada, so now is probably the time to pick one up if you’re interested!

Thanks for reading!

**I was sent this product for review, but I was not paid to endorse the product or the site. All my opinions are completely and 100% honest as always.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...