Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wal-Mart Skincare (Mini)Haul

I picked up a few skincare items from Wal-Mart a little while ago, since there were a few things I needed. Here’s what I got:

100_2639

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Cleanser:

100_2640

100_2641

I’ve tried the St. Ives Apricot acne scrub and my skin really liked it, so I thought I would give this a try, since I only have toners and a cleansing water at the moment, and I like to have a proper face wash for in the shower, especially after a trip to the gym. I haven’t tried this out yet, though, since I’m lazy, and have yet to find a small bottle to carry this with me to the gym in, as I usually just end up using my cleansing water and/or toner when I’m at home. It does smell pretty nice, though, like apricots, but not too strong or sweet.

St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

100_2642

100_2643

100_2647

As I mentioned above, I like the St. Ives Apricot scrub, so I thought that I would try this one out next, since green tea is awesome, and, if I remember correctly, good for your skin. Also, my skin has been a little spottier lately than usual, so I thought a good acne scrub couldn’t hurt. As you can see above, it has a matcha green colour, and super-fine grit to it. So fine, I almost couldn’t feel it on my hands, though it was very obvious on the delicate skin of my face. The scent is also very fresh and clean; I really like it! I didn’t notice any special effects from this scrub so far, but I’ve only used it once and it did at least leave my skin feeling clean.

L’Oreal Paris 48 Hr Hydration Day Lotion for Normal Skin:

100_2644

100_2645

100_2649

100_2650

I got this because I wanted a good sunscreen for under makeup, since the one I got last year can feel a bit greasy, though it smells nice (Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch SPF 45). Its pretty nice, though still ends up very shiny on my skin. However, I do find it makes a pretty nice base for foundation and/or powder, and doesn’t feel as heavy as a body sunscreen. The scent leaves a little to be desired, in my opinion… It’s not bad, but it just seems a little bit Old-Womanish to me, if you know what I mean. Still, a pretty good product over all, and for less than $10 (I think it was on sale), I can’t complain.

What skincare items have you been using lately? Have you tried any of the products above? Let me know what you think in the comments!

Thanks for reading, I hope y’all are having an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...