Thursday, March 28, 2013

I’m Alive! (L’Oreal’s Glossy Stain Review)

Sorry it’s been so long since my last post, I’ve had a lot of homework to do (still do, actually, but as tomorrow is my birthday and I have another week until the next thing is due, nothing further will happen until Thursday night), and I also had to clean up my mess of a bedroom to finally get my desk in here so I could bring home the computer I built with my boyfriend, because he and his family are moving, and for some odd reason, they don’t want to drag around a desktop computer that doesn’t even belong to them. Odd.

Anyways, that is not what I’m here to talk about.

You’ve probably all already seen the new-ish L’Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stains, and seen plenty of reviews of them. I picked mine up, however, not long after hearing about them, and I think they were on sale at Shoppers at the time, as well.

Anyway, if you have heard of them, great, but if you haven’t a lot of people have compared these to the YSL Glossy Stains, since both products go on as a gloss, but leave a stain on your lips, hense the YSL product name. That was the same idea I had when I first saw these, and since the YSL ones are so great (but sooo expensive!), I had to try out this product. Let’s take a look, before I give you my review, though, shall we?

100_2572

100_2577

Packaging: It’s cute, but I have two issues… 1) The second you touch it, it’s covered in your fingerprints and no longer looks all shiny and pretty. And, 2) No where on the package itself does it say the name of the product. I had to google “L’Oreal glossy stain” to figure out the official name. Ugh! For function, though, this is a perfectly good tube and has a perfectly good wand with a doe-foot applicator.

Swatches:

100_2579

100_2592

The second swatch is after letting the colour sit for a while on my skin, and then rubbing off the gloss. The product remains sort of tacky on the skin, and I find this on the lips as well. When you first apply, it feels very wet and slippery, and I find that it is very hard to get the colour to go on evenly, and very easy to end up blotchy. The best remedy I’ve found to this dilemma so far is to not try too hard, because the more you swipe at it trying to even it out, the worse it gets.

There’s really nothing about this product that I’m super happy with, and its pretty disappointing for the price. It doesn’t smell good, feel good on the lips, it feels wet, then gets sticky. It rubs off quickly, and even the stain doesn’t have much staying power. I really don’t think I would suggest this product for anyone in love with the YSL Glossy Stains… or anyone else for that matter, unless you are just curious and have the money to spend. Save your money and get a good Revlon lipstick instead, or almost anything else, really. >_<

***

So, let me know if you’ve tried these, I’d love to hear what you thought about them, I'm just not too impressed by them myself.

Also, I will have a birthday post in the next couple days, since today (March 27) was my birthday. However, since my presents weren't beauty-related, those, and some of my purchases from today will be over on my other blog: Thought-Constellations around the same time, and I'll also write about what I did today for those who are interested. I did buy myself a couple cheap little makeup presents today that I will show you, as well as a mini-review on the Benefit birthday gift from Sephora.

Anyway, thanks for reading, as always I'm very thankful that you take the time out of your day to visit my blog! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...