Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mini Haul (+ my kitty)

So, I found about $30 in coins in a box, and I decided that i could use part of it to reward myself for being so good lately. Basically I allowed myself $20 to spend on makeup. My original plan was to get myself a cream blush and the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stain. However, I couldn’t find any blushes that I liked the look and feel of, and it would seem that Canada doesn’t have that particular Revlon lip product.

Anyways, London Drugs had the Maybelline Baby Lips on sale for $4.99, and since I’ve been wanting to compare it to the Revlon Lip Butters, I picked one up. And I am so glad that I did! I’m completely in love; it is smooth and silky, it has SPF, the colour is gorgeous, and it smells like JUICE!! >_> Honestly, it kinda makes me thirstier if I put it on when I’m already thirsty… Anyways, yes, in love.

100_1130

100_1132

100_1133

It’s so pink! It reminds me of Barbie! Also, in case I didn’t mention it, this one is called Pink Punch. Here’s a swatch (the picture almost looks shimmery, but it’s not, just really shiny!):

100_1135

For the rest of my money, since I’d allotted myself $20, I had almost $15 left, so I decided I could splurge on a new nail polish! With Sephora’s new nail bar thing, there’s now even more gorgeous polishes to lust after, from even more brands. Since I’ve never tried Spa Ritual, it’s only 50 cents more expensive than the Sephora by OPI, and because this duochrome is completely gorgeous, I got this one. It’s Meditate On This:

100_1138

100_1139I’ve cropped these two really close because they are basically the only ones that even try to show the purple shimmer! I wish it was easier to catch a picture of…

100_1142

And swatches! Again, I simply couldn’t find an angle that captured the purple in this polish, which really makes me sad. Next time I paint my nails, I’ll be using this polish, and I’ll try to post a picture in natural light, in case it shows up better that way. Until then, here’s what it looks like on a Nail Wheel:

100_1143

100_1144

And, as an added bonus, Kovu, my kitty, was sitting with me allllll day Sunday while I worked on an essay. Here’s a picture of him curled into a ball on my quilt, so dead asleep that taking three pictures with the flash on didn’t wake him:

100_1127

P.S. I just noticed I am at 22 followers!! I’m probably wayyyy too excited about this, but such is life! Thanks so much for following, it means a lot. This definitely means that everyone should make sure to vote on the poll for the giveaway prize and let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I really do read them all! So let me know what your thoughts are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...